High School Leadership Award
2016 HS Leadership Award
Myers Park High School
Jack with Carolina Panthers Director of Community Relations, Riley Fields
The Charlotte Touchdown Club believes the sport of football teaches young men the very fundamentals that inspire the growth of our future leaders. The High School Leadership Award was created to honor a high school senior football player who demonstrates exceptional leadership qualities on the field, in the classroom and in the community. The winner’s school will receive a $2,000.00 honorarium, directed to the Athletic Department, in the name of the award recipient.
All applicants must be in their senior year of high school football and have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5. Each applicant will be evaluated on these five benchmarks:
- Exemplifies principals of character, integrity, excellence and teamwork.
- Motivates and inspires the athletes around him to accomplish more than they would have normally.
- Actively shares responsibility, authority, information and credit when working towards the achievement of a goal.
- Communicates in a manner which is fair, straightforward, honorable and open.
- Sets a high standard of integrity by leading through example and maintains high personal standards.
The winner is chosen by a review panel selected by the Charlotte Touchdown Club and recognized with a trophy at the Bronko Nagurski Trophy Awards Presentation in December.